Moving can be expensive. There will be a lot of things to pay for, but if you are smart you will look for the biggest bang for your buck. You cannot move with zero dollars. You have to spend some money. But some things, like packing supplies, are susceptible to budgeting. If you know where to look, you can easily find affordable moving boxes in Manhattan, and save yourself some money. But, even if you get affordable boxes, you need to know how to use them if you want to take full advantage of your spending. And hey, if it turns out to be too much work, there are expert Manhattan moving and storage services you can hire. Heart Moving Manhattan NYC is your trusted moving partner, that aims to simplify your project. Here is how to get it right.
Where can you find moving boxes in Manhattan?
Manhattan has the unfortunate notoriety for being expensive. And let’s not lie to ourselves, it is. But moving is very common in Manhattan and the free market has helped produce some very respectable places where you can get quality boxes at affordable prices. You can have cheap moving in Manhattan if you know what you are doing.
What qualities should your moving boxes Manhattan have?
Finding quality Manhattan moving boxes at low cost is possible, with a little time investment on your part. If you know what to look for, your mission will be a success. Whether it is for moving or you are taking storage services for the safekeeping of your items, pay attention to the following few things:
- Strength – although it is possible to get moving boxes Manhattan at a minimal price, this is not always the best solution to save money in the long run. Used boxes have less structural strength than new cardboard boxes. This means that they automatically offer less protection to your belongings. If the distance of your move is short, you might be able to pull it through with a single wall packing box. However, for longer moves, we strongly recommend you prioritize the safety of your belongings, and invest in some strong, sturdy boxes. This will pay off, as you will save a lot on repair, or even replacement of broken items altogether.
- Size – when moving, this certainly matters for the right protection of your possessions. Extra-large moving boxes are used in exceptional circumstances and they require multiple people to handle. Wardrobe boxes, however, are a winner when it comes to packing your clothes. If you are not sure about what size to pick, stick to the standard size, referred to as Pack 2 boxes. You may consider cardboard moving boxes with dividers built-in, for the safe and easy packing of your kitchen utensils.
- Price – there are a variety of Manhattan moving boxes, that range in quality, as well as price. One thing is for sure – you absolutely do not need to spend a fortune on getting the optimal packing protection for your things. Know exactly what are you looking for and compare prices from few sources.
Cardboard moving boxes Manhattan
For plain cardboard boxes, the best thing to do is to just need to ask around. Go to your local supermarkets, convenience stores, and bookshops. Workers there get weekly or even daily shipments and they can save you some boxes for your local moving project if you ask them. Even if you have to give them a couple of bucks, it will end up costing you much less than if you had to buy the boxes. Just be sure to give them enough time to save you the boxes. Don’t come two days before you have to pack expecting that they will have some saved. Supermarkets and convenience stores tend to have big boxes since they get big shipments. For smaller, stronger boxes you should check your local bookstores. Since books tend to be heavy, they need to be packed in strong containers.
When it comes to plastic moving boxes Manhattan, there aren’t any places that will give them for free. But it is useful to properly pack your items, especially if they are fragile and you are preparing for a long distance moving. There are places where you can find affordable moving boxes in Manhattan, you just have to look. Think carefully about what kinds of boxes you need and don’t skimp on getting them. Good packing will not only reduce the risk of damage but make handling much easier. Most accidents that happen during a move are related to poor packing and improper labeling. Do your part to reduce the risk of bad things happening, and pack yourself properly. When looking for quality moving boxes in Manhattan some of the places you should check out are:
- CubeSmart Self Storage
- The Ups Store
- Manhattan Mini Storage
How to utilize moving boxes?
Even when you get moving boxes you need to properly use them if you want to have an accident-free interstate moving. With these couple of guidelines, you will use your boxes to their fullest capability and reduce the risk of mishandling and damage to a minimum.
Use properly sized boxes
Collect all the boxes you have and separate them into three groups. Big boxes, medium boxes, and small boxes.
- In big boxes, you will pack your large items that take a lot of room. So there will go your blankets, jackets, clothes, sheets, etc. Anything that is light and takes a lot of room.
- In small boxes, you will pack everything that is dance. By this, we mean small and heavy. You don’t want your box ripping while being carried, so you should pay attention that anything that weighs a lot goes into a box that can support it during your residential moving. All the things that are small but hard to damage, like kitchen utensils, bathroom supplies, books, etc. should go into small containers.
- Fragile items should go in your medium boxes. Items that require padding. Some items are big and fragile, but those are better handled without boxes. For smaller, fragile items, you should use medium boxes in order to properly protect the content of the box.
Save special boxes
Professional moving boxes Manhattan that you rent can be expensive and you should use them wisely. Don’t pack your clothes in plastic boxes. Use them to pack things that are extra fragile and for whom you want to minimize the risk of damage as much as possible. Special containers can and should be used for dangerous fluids, toxins, and flammable materials but you should make sure how to pack dangerous items.
Why you should consider hiring professionals?
With proper instructions, you can pack yourself properly. But, there is no substitution for professional services. When you hire someone to pack you no longer have to worry about supplies, how to pack or how to label. People with experience and expertise will make sure that none of your items suffer any damage from potential rookie mistakes. Packing services NYC will make sure that you don’t need to pay for any packing supplies or bother yourself with loading things into a truck.
Reduce the risk of mishandling and accidents
When you pack your things, you will need to load them into a truck, transport them. After that, you will have to unload them and unpack them. You will also need to have people helping you do it. If the containers are improperly labeled or packed the risk of accidents and damage increases drastically. Making sure that everything goes efficiently should be your biggest concern and hiring professionals is how you achieve that. There is no one better suited for handling your packed possessions than the people who packed them. They will know what is in the boxes and therefore how the boxes are supposed to be handled. For your benefit, contact us today and see how can we make your move an easy and hassle-free experience.