If you are thinking about moving to Manhattan, and don’t know which neighborhood you should go to, Nomad is definitely worth checking out. From its rich history to its vibrant atmosphere, you’ll hardly find a place more suited for a young, successful person. But, in order to move there properly, you need to get informed on what Nomad is like and how to work with movers in Manhattan NY in order to move there. Luckily reliable NoMad movers, such as us are more than happy to give you a helping hand. First, we will give you the necessary information so you will know why Nomad is worth living in. Give us a call and we will explain how to work with your Nomad moving company in order to make your move as easy as possible.
Inform yourself about Nomad before you hire a Nomad moving company
North of Madison Square Park (NoMad) is a neighborhood in Manhattan. It is located in the center of Madison Square North Historic District. Nomad is bordered by East 30th street to the north, Sixt Avenue to the west, Lexington Avenue to the east, and East 25 street to the south.
History of NoMad
The history of Nomad revolves around the history of Madison Square Park. The park is situated between 26th and 23rd street. People of NYC started making residences around Madison Square Park during the nineteenth century. Good-standing families such as Stokes, Scheiffins, Wolfes, and even Jerome (the grandparents of Winston Churchill) made or bought houses during this period. After some time the Jerome Mansion became the Manhattan club, the birthplace of the Manhattan cocktail. Many famous Democrats such as Franklin D. Roosevelt, Al Smith, and Grover Cleveland regularly visited the Manhattan club. In 1967 the mansion was demolished. The families who lived in NoMad greatly influenced its cultural development. The area became a hot spot for the Gilded Age elite and many shops and restaurants opened up to provide service to their well-off customers.
Today Nomad is a vibrant lively place. The neighborhood attracts a young and energetic crowd. It prides itself on having the convenience of midtown and the casual vibe of the downtown. By living in Nomad you will have easy access to many central subways. Therefore getting to other parts of NYC is quite easy. In 2001 the Madison Square Park was remade and is now again the center of Nomad. Famous events like Madison Square Eats attract people to enjoy its beautiful landscape. If you enjoy eating great food you will feel right at home in Nomad.
Cost of living
No part of Manhattan is cheap to live in, and that also goes for NoMad. For a one-bedroom apartment, you will have to pay $3838 monthly, while for a two-bedroom you are looking at $5275. And that is just the rent. A single person needs to pay around $1256 every month if they want to live in NoMad. Living in NoMad is great, but you will need some money to do so.
Notable people who lived in NoMad
When you get to NoMad you will easily hear about all the notable people who spent some part of their lives there. Some of them are:
- Stanford White – A famous architect who designed the Medison Square Garden that stood between 1890 and 1925.
- David Portnoy – The founder of Barstool Sports.
- Nikola Tesla – A Serbian-born scientist considered the leading electrical engineer of his time. He developed AC current, the radio, long-distance power relays and is considered the father of modern robotics. Unfortunately, like most great minds, he was misinterpreted by his fellow NoMad neighbors who thought he was using magic and tricks.
Hiring Nomad movers is beneficial for several reasons
If you are sure that moving to Manhattan is a good idea, there are steps you need to take to make your move as efficient as possible. Just because you have money to live in NoMad, doesn’t mean you should waste it on an inefficient NoMad moving company. The Nomad movers you choose will either be your best friends or your worst enemies, during your move. Here is what we suggest you do.
Moving is stressful and small mistakes can end up costing you a lot of money. We suggest that you prepare with care. Sort your possessions and make sure to pack them properly. Figure out if you need any special help. Regular relocation is one thing, but for specific pets and items, you need to get professional help. Be it pet movers or reliable piano movers Manhattan, you need to figure out who to hire and how to plan your relocation. Study up on how to stay healthy during your move and how to lower your stress. The last thing you need, when you are moving, is to get sick.
Once you find reliable NoMad movers, we suggest total cooperation. If your movers are reliable they will want to help you as much as they can. We guarantee that you will have the biggest bang for your buck if you work with us. We will take care of your stuff, but in order to do that, we need you to work with us. Once you are with us, we consider you a part of the team. Feel free to ask us anything that you need, but be open to change plans when the situation requires. A good NoMad moving company wants you to be happy. Because a happy customer is the best commercial. At least, that is our way of thinking.
Once you give your possessions to your NoMad moving company, you will have to trust them with it. Therefore you should be careful who you choose to move you. Scams are known to happen, even with NoMad movers, and we strongly urge you to take every step necessary in order to avoid them. Read online reviews, ask around and talk with your movers in order to make sure that they are trustworthy. We want our profession to be respectable, and we can only count on you to work with a reliable NoMad moving company.
Moving services that our Nomad movers offer
If you are planning to relocate to Nomad you will be needing the help of one of the best Nomad moving companies. Relocation can be challenging but with the help of reliable movers, it can be efficient and stress-free. Our company offers a wide range of moving services:
- Residential relocation – Moving your entire home requires a lot of packing materials and tools. With our help, you will have no worries about your relocation. Our movers will do all the packing and carrying of heavy items.
- Interstate moving services – Besides all the preparations, buying packing supplies, searching for storage units, and packing your items, you need to gather the important documents. All of that takes a lot of time. That is why we are here to help you.
- Long-distance moving services – we will conduct your move with reasonable rates and a flexible attitude for all your requirements.
- Packing services – This is one of the most demanding tasks. If you hire our Nomad movers, they will pack and unpack all your belongings, load and unload a moving truck. Our team is skilled and well-equipped.
- Storage services – in case you have too many items and a lack of free space in your home, we can offer you a wide range of storage units.
- Office move – if you need to move your office, you will want that to be done efficiently, carefully, and quickly. That is why you should choose us to help you move your business.
If you are planning to move, the best decision to make is to hire reliable and experienced movers. Our Nomad movers are able to provide you the best moving experience. We have created a team of skilled movers and we have all the right equipment. If you want to find out more contact us. We will answer all of your questions and give you a free estimate.