How to pack your office for relocation
Whether it’s residential or commercial/office relocation, the process takes time and requires a lot of planning. You will have to pack electronics, big, bulky furniture and a few rooms filled with office supplies and equipment. Regardless of the size of your company, an office relocation is a lot of work. And, of course, you can not just shut down the whole operation for a week or two to sort things out. However, if you are relocating to Manhattan, you should find out how to pack your office for relocation and how to make that process go as smoothly as possible!
Pack Your Office For Relocation – Tips!
If you are moving to Manhattan you must be very excited! But moving your business can be a daunting process, especially if you have to shut down your business for a week or two. However, if you want to simplify your packing process and speed up the relocation, you should make plans in advance, prioritize organization and safety and invest in the professional movers when the time for relocation comes. And before you start thinking of the best places to go out in Manhattan, you should figure out how to pack your office properly.
- Start Early
- Get Proper Packing Materials
- Label Each Box
- Pack Your Electronics Properly
- Take Care Of Your Office Furniture
You should start with preparations, organizations and making a checklist as soon as possible. Doesn’t matter if you have a lot of people to help or if your firm is a small or huge one, early preparation is the most important thing to do! Don’t be one of the people that underestimate the time it takes to move. Be smart, hire professional movers and get their office moving services. But, at the same time, save yourself from unnecessary stress and optimize organization by starting early!
Get Proper Packing Materials
Some of the business possessions that you are about to move are very expensive. Therefore, before you begin with the packing and moving process, you should invest in high-quality packing materials. This will keep your possessions organized and, of course, in one piece! However, if you decide to hire professional movers and get their professional packing services, you won’t have to worry about packing supplies. A professional moving company will provide all packing supplies, moving boxes and necessary equipment for the relocation. If you are planning to relocate your office on your own, you will have to get:
- Cardboard Moving Boxes
- Plastic and Bubble Wrapping and Moving Blankets
- Clear Zip-locked Bags
- Packing Tape, Markers, Pens, and Labels
The relocation process presents a great opportunity to downsize or upgrade your business! If you have a lot of items in your possession that have no purpose anymore or items that can not be upgraded, the move is the perfect time to get rid of them! If you donate a lot of things before the relocation, you will save a lot of your time on packing the office. You will also get some extra money through the tax write-off. Want to write-off some of your donations? Check which donation centers are registered charities.
Packing Your Office Properly – Label Each Box
If you want to keep track of all of your items, you should label each and every box you use. This will help you to easily locate the item you are searching for when the time for unpacking comes. There are two different systems for labeling boxes, color coding and number coding one. For office relocation, it’s easier and better to use the number coding one. You can also assign a number for each of your employees and all of their items will end up safely at the same place.
Pack Your Electronics Properly
The most essential pieces and the most expensive equipment of your business are computers. In order to protect them and keep safe during the move, you should follow these tips:
- Protect your computer with proper packing supplies. Cover them with heavy blankets wrapped in tape. Do not stack your computers on top of other items or the opposite.
- Wrap monitors in heavy blankets or bubble wrapping materials. If you are using tape, be sure that it isn’t touching the monitor screen. Avoid placing monitors in the moving box.
- Safeguard your data. Store all of your data on the removable hard drive before you move your computers.
Pack Your Office – Take Care Of Your Office Furniture
Office furniture includes seating, storage, and work surfaces. Let’s find out how to pack and properly protect these items during relocation:
- Seating. If you want to save some space and avoid damage, you should disassemble all of your office seating if possible. If there are any fragile components, you should wrap them in thick blankets.
- Storage. Includes shelving units and file cabinets. If it’s needed to conserve space, you should remove shelves and fill these units with light items. Also, do not forget to tape file cabinets drawers when packing your office to prevent them from opening during the move.
- Work Surfaces. Before loading any of the desks in the moving truck, you should take all the drawers out. You should also protect the glass surfaces by packing them separately.
Hire Professionals to Pack Your Office
Hiring a professional moving company to pack and relocate your business is one of the smartest ideas! They will bring all the necessary equipment, packing materials, and well-trained workers. You can be sure that your business will be on and running in no time! A professional moving company also offers storage facilities in Manhattan. If you need a storage unit for some of your office possessions, contact your professional movers and ask for their services! They will gladly help because they are here for you!
Whenever it comes to the relocation process, hiring a professional moving company is highly recommended. However, if you want to pack your office on your own, you should follow these useful tips that we have provided for you! We wish you all the best!