Soft toys are treasured possessions for your children. No matter how old they get, they’ll always cherish the stuffed animals and other childhood companions they held close, played with, and grieved into. When it comes to long-term storage for stuffed animals, you want to make sure they’re going to last. Here you can find tips for safeguarding your child’s favorite plushy toys and how to pack stuffed toys for your Manhattan storage.
How to pack stuffed toys for your Manhattan storage
Those plush toys that you thought you could just dump into a big cardboard box are actually quite delicate and require special care when moving. It’s possible, but it could result in the premature destruction of your child’s cherished soft toys. Stuffed animals have a crucial role in a child’s environment, and it is important to realize this. Sometimes, those soft toys are more than just toys; they are true friends to the children they belong to, and they are ready to listen or console them when they need it most. To ensure that your stuffed animals arrive in pristine condition and safety at their new home, follow these few simple procedures for packing them for transport.
1. Wash them before storing
Different actions are required for the optimal long-term storage of stuffed animals. The first step is to thoroughly clean and dry the toys before you pack stuffed toys for your Manhattan storage. There are a lot of cheap storage Manhattan options you can use for storing the toys that you no longer use. The simplest option may be to wash these clothes in a gentle cycle in the washing machine. Despite this, it is the most dangerous.
2. Organize and sort out all of the plush toys
As a parent, you must have observed how quickly stuffed animals proliferate. New animals appear to join the ranks every month. As lovely and cuddly as all those plush toys are, they also take up a lot of storage space, and that may be a serious problem immediately before a move. The first step in packing soft toys for a move is to comb through the full collection of plush animals and decide which ones are worth keeping and which ones aren’t.
Look for stuffed animals that your child no longer plays with or that are in poor shapes, such as ones that have the stuffing coming out of the bottom half of the animal. Stuffed animals can be donated to charities like Salvation Army, for example, and put to good use, and many groups will take them in. Explain to your child that there are a lot of children who are less fortunate and that any soft toys you donate will bring joy to the lives of other youngsters.
3. Take out any batteries from the plush animals
Remove any batteries from soft toys that can sing, talk, walk, dance, and so on before packing them up for a move as the second step. For the plush animals that can make sounds or move on their own, you’ll need a battery pack. Before packing away any battery-operated plush animals, be sure to remove the batteries. Why? It goes without saying that, throughout the haul, you won’t be particularly interested in listening to the boxes make any kind of animal noises like croaking or howling or meowing or bleating or squeaking or quack or trumpeting. For the second, if you leave batteries in stuffed animals or other soft toys for an extended period of time, they may leak or become damaged.
4. Set aside a couple of your child’s most beloved plush companions
Remember to save a few of your child’s most prized stuffed animals before you begin to box up the rest of their collection. As a result, your small child can continue to play with and cuddle their favorite stuffed animals at night. The stress of a house relocation may be especially hard for children, but if they are accompanied by their most treasured stuffed animals, you can help them get through it more smoothly. Do not underestimate how important it is to keep your children peaceful and stress-free during the move. Feel free to contact Heart Moving Manhattan NYC if you’re in need of a trustworthy moving company.
5. Packing your stuffed animals
Packing your child’s stuffed animals in the safest manner possible is, of course, the last step. If you’re packing them before moving to New York, Heart Moving can help you out with both moving and packing. But if you’d like to do it alone, follow these steps.
- Cover the bottom and sides of a large cardboard box with soft wrapping paper. This will help keep the contents of the box safe. Fortunately, plush toys aren’t particularly heavy, so a large moving box will be all you need to transfer them.
- Prepare a roll of completely clean (new) rubbish bags to keep the stuffed animals from becoming wet during the actual trip.
- Depending on the size of the animals, place one or more plush toys inside a plastic trash bag. Using many plastic bags to cover a plush animal may be necessary if it is too large to fit in one bag. Your child’s soft toys aren’t trash, but the plastic bags they come in are perfect for the job.
- Make sure each stuffed animal is totally dry before placing it in a plastic bag for storage. Use a hair dryer to hasten the drying process if necessary. Avoid this step if you have wet or damp stuffed animals, as this could lead to mold during a house move.
- Make sure you don’t overfill the plastic bag by stapling it shut once it’s full, then place it into the pre-lined cardboard container.
- Keep placing plastic bags with stuffed animals inside until the enormous cardboard container is completely full. If you’re trying to squeeze more toys into the box, don’t try to squash down the soft toys. Because the extra downward stress may cause them to wrinkle up or shift their stuffing. Resulting in some of the animals becoming disfigured.
- Fill the enormous moving box to the brim with pre-packaged plush animals in fresh plastic bags before securing the lids.
- Use a marker pen to label the box and seal it with packing tape.
Bonus tip for packing plush toys
It is preferable to store your child’s stuffed animals in a plastic storage bin without first putting them in plastic bags so that they may breathe after the transfer. Plush toys will be safe from pests and mold if they are placed in a plastic moving box that is airtight. Pests and mold are common among moving boxes, but not for plastic bins. But if you are taking them all with you and you’re moving far away, our interstate movers in NYC can execute your move quickly and safely. And all of your items will be preserved. We hope our tips on how to pack toys for your Manhattan storage have been useful. Enjoy your day!