If you have recently moved into a new home, there are probably still a lot of things that need to be done. Completing your move with Inwood movers during summer will leave you with a need for an air-conditioning system. Same with moving, you can either hire professionals or do it yourself. We always recommend going for skilled help. That way you will be 100% sure that it will be done right. For that reason, this is a guide that will help you understand how the professionals do it. This guide for setting your new home up with a killer air-conditioning system will hopefully give you some useful new knowledge.
Things to think about before setting your new home up with a killer air-conditioning system
If your new home has already had an AC system installed, there is a high chance that it needs to be changed. The world has changed drastically in the last 20-30 years, and the same goes for these systems. Nowadays, they are more efficient but bigger. The most efficient movers you can get are NYC moving companies. Because of the bigger size, the new one might need to be placed in a different location. Moving the location also makes for higher costs, which you also need to think about.
Removing the existing air-conditioning system
This step will make it clearer why you need professional help to do this. It goes the same for moving to New York. The first thing you surely don’t have is a recovery machine. This is mandatory to safely and legally remove the refrigerant from the AC. Therefore, you need to look for teams that have EPA certification. Only these people are allowed to do this.
The second step is to disconnect the electrical wiring from the existing unit, before continuing with the process. This is important for both the people and the safety of the system.
Preparing the area for the new installation
The area often needs to be prepared before installing the new system. It is one of the first things to do after moving with local movers NYC. This usually includes changing the pad where the new AC unit will be mounted on. Here you have two options:
- Concrete pads – this one needs to be poured before you can set the unit. The downside to these is that they can crack and shift.
- Composite pad – this pad is designed with the purpose to last the whole lifetime of the new air conditioner. It is usually better equipped to absorb vibrations and it can reduce shaking and noise when setting your new home up with a killer air-conditioning system.
The different components that need to be installed
- Indoor evaporator coil – even though there are two options, the cased coil is better. Repairs and modifications are easy and it is cased by the producer.
- Copper refrigerant lines – there are always two, where one is bigger than the other and insulated. The most important thing when installing these is to make as few bends as possible.
- Filter drier – these are key components with two benefits, physical filtration, and absorbing moisture.
Setting your new home up with a killer air-conditioning system – conclusion
Even though you have read our guide for setting your new home up with a killer air-conditioning system, don’t do it by yourself. This is something that should be left only to professionals, same as moving, to avoid moving stress. We hope that you will be able to enjoy your new AC system as soon as possible.